Boston Regional Meeting
April 25, 2016
The goal for this meeting is to network with colleagues in the area who are also working on partnership and community engagement programs, collect ideas of how to improve or strengthen your existing partnerships and find inspiration in the stories and experiences of other schools.
Todd Bland, Head of School
School Partnership and Community Engagement Around the Country
Blake Kohn, Executive Director
National Network of Schools in Partnership
A look at some national trends that are helping to further this work across the country as well as an introduction to a few tools to help examine, assess and strengthen your own partnership programs.
Partnership Work in Action
Look at the larger picture of what makes partnership programs successful and sustainable. Share examples of reciprocity, sustainability and clarity of purpose.
Making Our Programs More Successful
Look at five emerging questions surrounding the success of partnership programs. Ask questions, engage in dialogue and hear from others about their concerns and solutions to these common queries. Possible topics are:
- How do we best support student driven partnerships?
- Summer Programs? How to balance with the other activities on campus over the summer? How to best engage the community? How to sustain throughout the year?
- How to transform partnerships and community engagement programs from co-curricular to curricular?
- How can professional development opportunities best engage teachers from all communities?
- How do we measure the value and success of a partnership program?
- Scheduling? How do we fit it all in?
- Creating a narrative. How can we take the singular programs throughout our school and create a cohesive school-wide program?
Full group discussion
Regroup and discuss highlights of the conversations, reflections on the process, and the tools provided by NNSP.
Questions and Discussion
rsvp to Blake Kohn