Chicago Regional Meeting Agenda
May 9, 2016
Hosted by Latin School of Chicago
Randall Dunn, Head of School
Latin School of Chicago
School Partnership and Community Engagement Around the Country
Blake Kohn, Executive Director
National Network of Schools in Partnership
Sarah Bunger, Director, Uptown Partnership
Will Gomberg and Jackson Unikel (‘16), Uptown Youth Philanthropy Initiative
Anabel Mendoza and Jessica Mora (‘16), “Yo Soy” identity project
Elisa Gall, Latin Lower School Librarian
Betty Lark-Ross, Latin Upper School Art Teacher and Department Chair
Janine Graziano, Individual Giving Manager for Inspiration Corporation, a longstanding community partner in Uptown
Hear about the Uptown Partnership and how it came to be the centerpiece of Latin’s community engagement and service learning programs. Hear from students, faculty and community members about the strengths and some of the challenges of the program and the lasting effects it has on both the Latin and the Uptown community.
Making Our Programs More Successful
Look at emerging questions surrounding the success of partnership programs. Ask questions, engage in dialogue and hear from others about their concerns and solutions to these common queries. Possible topics are:
- How do we best support student driven partnerships?
- Summer Programs? How to balance with the other activities on campus over the summer? How to best engage the community? How to sustain throughout the year?
- How to transform partnerships and community engagement programs from co-curricular to curricular?
- How can professional development opportunities best engage teachers from all communities?
- How do we measure the value and success of a partnership program?
- Scheduling? How do we fit it all in?
- Creating a narrative. How can we take the singular programs throughout our school and create a cohesive school-wide program?
Questions and Discussion
rsvp to Blake Kohn