Center for Teaching
The Westminster Schools
The Center for Teaching, an endeavor between The Westminster Schools and Drew Charter School, is devoted to helping teachers improve their understanding of the craft of teaching through programs and resources which facilitate their learning. The Center pursues partnerships and programs designed to identify best practices in education, recruit and retain excellent educators for the Center and member schools, and build on each school’s excellence. The programs at the Center provide professional development opportunities and teacher training to educators at all levels of experience. Program initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum development and identification of best practices in all grade levels and disciplines
- Mentoring and training for faculty new to the profession
- Year-round workshops, conferences, and seminars to promote professional development and to provide opportunities for faculty to interact with national thought-leaders in education
- Collaboration between faculty from public and independent schools designed to exchange information about best practices in teaching
- Teacher exchanges between public and independent schools.
Most recently, The Center for Teaching coordinated the Atlanta K-12 Design Challenge. You can read about it here.
More info on this school